Maine Artist in Oil, Acrylic and Block Print

Maine Artist in Oil, Acrylic and Block Print
"White Mountains Hayfield", Joe Godleski, oil on canvas

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Blackbird and some Blueberry Blast


I've finished one last 10 inch by 10 inch for 2010 - "Red-winged Blackbird." Alex and I were returning from the Wolfe Neck Arts Festival in June, when we saw the water lily pond roadside with lilies in bloom. I hopped out to take some snaps and Mr. Blackbird just sat and posed as I clicked away. In painting the scene, the lily pond was a bit more intricate than Mr. Blackbird, but hopefully the juxtaposition works. As a sidenote, we found Jack's Relish at Wolfe Neck. I bought a jar of Blueberry Blast - a blueberry jam with harbonero pepper sauce mixed in, excellent on cream cheese and crackers - yahoo!! Alex bought a relish that she claims was the best ever, and has long since been finished off.

No comments: